Tuesday, February 4, 2014

December Daily - Day 19

On this day we went on a river cruise in the Palo Verde National Park. The cruise was along the Tempisque river. The ride to get there from our resort was pretty interesting.We went there in a van. It was smooth sometimes and quite bumpy on mud roads some times ... Reminded me so much of India. Along the way we stopped at this beautiful home which is now a restaurant which was built a while back. I loved the character of this place. Here we got see sugar cane juice being made and all of us got to taste it - delicious. Again just like in India, sugar cane juice is sold along the road side and they freshly squeeze the sugarcane for you.
Along the way we also some Howler monkeys and snakes. During the boat ride itself, we saw a bunch of crocodiles, iguanas, egrets, white faced monkeys, bats and so many different types of birds whose names I already forgot. Our boat went quite close to the crocodiles, but they didn't even bother to move. The only bummer of this trip was the battery in my camera finished midway through the boat ride and I didn't get all the photos I wanted. We also didn't have our phones with us. So I am happy that I at least got as many photos as I did.

Again the pages are simple. My goal was to get the photos in, get the pages done and tell a little bit of the story.


The gold striped washi tape and the 19 circle number are from Studio Calico DD kit. The circle stickers that I used for the title are October Afternoon Sticky keys.


I decided to stick a couple of coins for me to remember the currency of Costa Rica. For this I cut out a piece of page protector so that it could fit on a 3x4 pocket. I then stuck a coin on either side with glue dot. I had to staple it to the page protector or it would fly out every time I turned the page. 


For this page again, I extended with some black washi tape from We R Memory keepers. I used one of the printables from Ali Edwards for my journaling.


And I called Day 19 done.

 Here are the links to my other December Daily pages:
Have a great day!
~Neela

No comments :