Friday, May 29, 2015

Being featured and some plain good luck

I want to start off with the good luck part of it!!! So it was National Scrapbook Day on May 2nd right?! I decided to participate in a bunch of challenges on all these different websites. But of course, I didn't have that much time on my hands. May 2nd itself was a super busy day! One T-ball game, one baseball game, a lunch invitation, a hair appointment, an outing to the fair. My weekends are usually not so busy, but this particular day was. To add to this all the challenges were starting at 8 A.M. EST. I live in California so it is 5 A.M. here. Talk about dedication, I actually set an alarm and woke up at 5 A.M. to keep up with the challenges and find some time in the day to scrap. People, I am night owl, I cannot open my eyes before 7 A.M. in the morning. When I was doing this, my husband thought I was MAD.

In any case, I decided to participate in the awesome challenges at Studio Calico. Again I couldn't keep up with all even though we had the whole week. I made three layouts. Here they are:

This layout was based on a mood board. I mainly went with the color scheme on this one. I used a photo of my older son that was taken a long time ago. I have been wanting to scrap the photos from this day for a long time. The mood board inspo was perfect to get this done.


This one was based on a sketch. I loved the sketch so much that I didn't change it one little bit. We had been to Hawaii recently and I have tons of photos from this trip. I bought a Studio Calico 9x12 handbook to create a mini book of that trip. So I created a 9x12 layout. This photo is a selfie at the black sand beach in big island Hawaii.


The challenge that prompted me to make this layout was going bold. I went with a huge photo and huge title. I totally loved this photo. My son, his friends and my husband are in this pic. The sky was the perfect space for journaling. This layout I think is one of my favorites.


So after all this participation, guess what ?!! I won the grand prize at Studio Calico which is the 6 month free subscription to the kit of my choice. I was already subscribing to the scrapbook kits, so that is what I am going to get free for 6 months. Can you believe it? Anyway, when I saw my name, I was jumping up and down. Totally made my day, month...

So the SB FAIR layout has also been featured in the layouts of the month series for May on scrapbook.com. I was so honored. You can find the other layouts that were featured here.

Then after all that, after a few days, this layout got picked for 'win it Wednesday' series on Big Picture Classes:


This was based on a combination of Ali Edwards' type class and Pam Baldwin's  text trick class at BPC. Both the classes have been amazing. Every layout that is uploaded at BPC based on a class is eligible for 'win it wednesday'. So if you are taking classes there. You should upload your projects.

I just got my amazing bag of goodies from BPC today. I will be posting a photo on instagram. Do stop by my instagram account (neelanalam) and check it out.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
~Neela


No comments :