Thursday, November 27, 2014

Nov 28th Die cut challenge with SOUS

Happy Black Friday! Do you have major plans for shopping? I am not too good with crowds. I may just do some online shopping.

This is my last project as design team for SOUS. It has been a wonderful year and so much fun creating projects for them.

This weeks theme for the die cut challenge is 'Into The Woods'. Use die cuts that are trees, animals, tents .... Check out the SOUS design team projects to get more inspiration.

Here is my project:


I know this is a non seasonal layout. But for this theme, this was a suitable picture. This is a photo from our camping trip last summer. It was a fun adventure. Staying in a yurt is honestly best of both worlds. It was so comfortable and at the same time, we hung out and did a little cooking outside. The kids had a blast running all around, sitting by the campfire and making smores. 

For the layout, I first designed my whole page in silhouette studio software. I then cut it out on a white cardstock. I backed the whole white cardstock with a kraft cardstock. I backed the circles below with water color paper and painted all the elements and stuck them on. I needed some color in my title as the bottom was colorful. So I finished it off with some enamel dots and a clip. 

Here is a link to the die cuts:

Can't wait to see what you do with your projects. Do link em up at SOUS and play along.

I will miss being part of the design team with SOUS!

Have a great day!
Neela


No comments :