Thursday, June 19, 2014

June 20th Sketch for SOUS

Here is another fun sketch challenge for your from SOUS. I love circles, they add that special touch to any layout. Here is the sketch..... 
 
 
 
Here is my take. I totally enjoyed making this. I usually make layouts with pictures of my kids. This time I wanted to document a little bit of our garden. We have a pretty cute garden and of course the best part of it is the roses. I love the pop of color they add.
 
 

 

 I changed the scale of the sketch a little bit. I also moved the little circular photo up as it did not fit in the lower portion of the sketch. I encourage you to do the same. Adapt the sketch to your photos. I also always have to add a little bit of journaling on my layouts. I truly think that it is important to document your thoughts about the photos especially when you took so much time to create a layout. I typed the journaling on to a tag and fit it on my layout. I cut out the loopy circle with silhouette. All the elements I used on this layout are from kits that I get from Studio Calico. I also added some gold mist towards to the end.


Here is a close up of the journaling:
Play along at SOUS and you can win a gift certificate from The Cutting Café. You can find more details on the SOUS webpage.
 
Have a great weekend!
~Neela
 
Supplies Used:


No comments :