Thursday, June 12, 2014

June 13 Die Cut Challenge for SOUS - Animal

Hi all, this is my first project as DT member for the Die Cut Team at SOUS. I am very excited about this. The current challenge is to use an animal die cut on your project.
My favorite die cutting machine is my Silhouette. I also own a couple of cricuts (which I will never go back to) and a cuttlebug. But I do any and every kind of die cutting pretty much only with my Silhouette. And here is another fact, I pretty much only love to make layouts. So that is what you will see most of my die cuts land.
Here is my project:

For this challenge, I selected the turtle shape and replicated it and fused them in Silhouette software. I then cut out the shapes at the top and the bottom like a border for the photo. I then backed the cut out shapes with green patterned paper. I chose turtles because my son is in the turtles group at his daycare. His teacher asks him a question a day(almost) and records his answer. I got the book home with all his answers and typed most of them out and added that as my journaling for this page.  Under the vellum journaling, I did some painting with yellow water color to extend the yellow patterned paper. I am so happy that I documented this, some of his answers are so funny, I am sure he will enjoy reading this when he grows up.
Hope you enjoyed looking at this layout. I sure enjoyed making it. Join us by playing along for a prize from


~Neela

Supplies Used:


No comments :