Saturday, February 1, 2014

Studio Calico Sketch and catching up

After committing to December daily, I found very little time to scrapbook anything else from November last year. So it is catch up time now. I have been wanting to scrapbook these photos of my boys in their Halloween costumes. They were waiting for their friends to come so that they could go trick or treating together. Our housing complex is quite popular for trick or treaters. It is quite safe and there are a lot of homes here. So all of Arjun's friends from outside collect here and they all go together. This was the first time Surya actually got the hang of it and had a blast going to all the homes and collecting candy. Arjun got to be a Ninja turtle and Surya got to be a naughty little monkey - very apt for him. 
I hadn't dug into my November Studio Calico kit until yesterday when I made this layout. It is a pretty nice kit. I had also bought an add on which is also great. 

I really liked the Sunday sketch at studio calico and decided to play. I made a two page layout. I used the sketch for the left side and used a vertical 4x6 divided page protector from We R memory keepers for the right side. I really like how the combination turned out. I should do more of this because I can incorporate lots more photos this way. 

I was inspired by two videos when I made this layout. The first video was Shimelle's video at two peas and Celine's video also at two peas. Shimelle inspired me to make this combination kind of a layout. Actually I was thinking for the longest time to do a 12x12 layout and pocket page combination. But when I saw it on the video, I thought it was great. Celine inspired me to go about doing it quickly. Just glue it down. Don't keep rearranging and playing with it too much for too long. Otherwise you end up taking too much time to make these projects. Be sure to check out the videos. 






 Here is the sketch from Studio Calico:
Have a great day!
~Neela

No comments :