Sunday, October 6, 2013

Rules of Life

For Hello Story Class - Week 12, the topic was Rules of Life. Ali Edwards as usual rocked all the layouts she made. I finally got the time to make the layout for the last week of the class. I love all the printables and digital cut files that we got in the class. I don't think I have used even quarter of them yet. I will be putting them all to good use over time. I still have a couple of weeks that I haven't gotten to. But do hope to get those layouts done.
For this topic, she suggested that we document the Rules of our life that we would like to live by or we live by. They could be fun or serious. I decided to make a layout with the rule that I would like to do a vacation being with nature at least once a year if possible. We went to Yosemite this summer and it was such a beautiful experience. We were so carried away with all the natural beauty and history of that place. It is a place worthy of a visit.
Here is my layout:

For this layout, I used the Roundabout Kit and Double Scoop Kits from Studio calico. The arrow clips are from Two Peas. The wooden circles are from Studio Calico. The letter stickers are from Simon Says Stamp by Kelly Purkey. Ali Edwards greatly recommended these stickers through out her class and they definitely lived up to my expectation. All the letters are of the same height and their sizes are perfect.

I chose to use a giant photo to highlight the beauty of this scenery. We had just had a picnic lunch by the Merced river and the boys were skipping stones in the river and checking out the tadpoles and fish. It was such a beautiful and peaceful place. 

I chose to do a visual triangle along three edges of the layout. I cut the Tim and Beck paper that came along with the Double Scoop kit into strips and layered them on top of each other. As for the rule #, it is just random. Hopefully I will end up making layouts for rule #s 1 to 12 and make a series like Ali suggested. But that is for some other day. 

Have a great day!
~Neela


No comments :