Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The 5Ws - Flying Fish

This is my second layout for week 10's subject of Hello Story with the topic of 5Ws - Who, Where, What, Why and When. This time I chose a photo from our recent trip to Sea World in San Diego. I think it is just by sheer luck that I got this photo of Chandu and Surya on the Flying Fish ride. Arjun and I were sitting in another Elmo Flying Fish. Apparently, I was not supposed to keep any cameras or cell phones outside but didn't know. After I clicked a few photos of them, the operator started announcing to put away all cell phones and cameras. Anyway I am happy I got my photo. For me this was another fun layout. Just simple and straightforward.
Here is my layout:


Ali gave us the cut files for the 5 Ws. I made them larger than the original size and cut them out with the silhouette. I used the Double Scoop kit from Studio Calico for the cardstock. I love the background paper from the Cut & Paste collection from MME. I love the color gradient from blue to green. I also love the cloud paper from the same collection. I used some stickers and other other elements from Dear Lizzy - Lucky charm collection, Amy Tan - Yes please collection and Maggie Holmes collection from Crate paper. The enamel dots are from freckled fawn. 
As you can tell, this class was worth every penny. The number of digital files we got and all the new techniques and thought process that I learnt from this class are priceless. We have just two more weeks left. I feel so bad that it will end but totally appreciate all the effort that was put into creating this class.
Try to take a class if you can.... even if you are an expert scrapbooker, it totally gives you a different perspective and will spice up your work.
Have a great day....
~Neela

No comments :