Sunday, September 22, 2013

Surya's Trains

Surya has a lot of trains right now from the Thomas collection. These are all actually Arjun's trains that Surya inherited. He plays with them everyday. He gets his brother to build the tracks for him and plays with his trains for hours and makes up stories about them. It is fun to watch him because Arjun used to play with the trains the same way. Sometimes they play together and it is such a pleasure to see them together.
For Hello Story week 9, the topic was Numbers .... to make a layout interesting with numbers. I immediately felt that I should do a layout with Surya and his trains. I collected the trains from all over the house and took an inventory of them. He has way more than he needs. All my friends, my parents and brother would give Arjun these trains every time they visited. So he had collected them over the years and now Surya gets to enjoy them.
So here is my layout:
 
 
I used a lot of goodies from a bunch of Studio calico kits. I also used a Maggie Holme's paper and one from Amy Tan's Yes Please. The number chipboard stickers are from American crafts. I typed up all the names of the trains with Impact Label font.
My goal was keep the colors of the layout bright and fun and I think I achieved that . I really enjoyed making this layout.
What numbers would you like to record?!?
Have a great day...
~Neela
 
 

No comments :