Friday, September 20, 2013

My Journey

I am catching up on Week 8 of Hello Story class. The topic for this class involved maps and how to tell a story using maps on a layout. Ali encouraged the students to do no photo layouts. I think they are more challenging because you need to tell the story with words as compared to letting the photo tell most of the story. It was hard for me to make this layout. I am finding it quite hard to write about myself. It may be because I want to share this on various forums.

I really liked the water color maps that you can generate from http://maps.stamen.com . I generated one of India and one of U.S to tell the story about my journey from India to the U.S. I should have written way more but felt very inhibited to do so. In any case, I used a very simple grid design for the layout. Here is my layout:

 
 
For this layout I used Marks and Co and Salinger kits from Studio calico. I love the pink and aqua paper by Dear Lizzy - Polka Dot party. The background paper is from fancy pants. I also really like the gold arrows from freckled fawn. The letter stickers are from Glitz Designs. I picked up the sequins from Michaels.

Have a great day.
~Neela

No comments :