Thursday, August 8, 2013

Passage of time 2008 to 2012

I was inspired by one of Ali Edward's sketch for this layout.....It said 5 years ago. So I selected the year 2008 to create the right side of my layout and collected all the photos and created my grid. I then decided to do the left side with 2013. But then I was unhappy that only part of the year is done and I would not have a whole year to show for 2013. So I ended up doing 2012, so this shows a difference of 4 years instead of 5 years. I chose to use mainly black, white, gold, grey and silver embellishments as there was already a lot going on in the photos.
For this layout, I spent quite a bit of time trying to collect photos to make the grids. In the process, I also ended up organizing a lot of my photos. I am very happy with that. I had the photos distributed on an external hard drive and on a couple of computers. I now have them all nicely consolidated and mostly organized.
The whole process of collecting the photos for 2008 and 2012 was so much fun. Surya was born in 2010 so that was a sweet little addition to our family in those 4 years. It is also so cool to see all the changes that Arjun has had in those 4 years. Marriages happened and babies were born, kids have all grown up. Things have changed over the years but also a lot of relationships and friendships have remained the same. 





 Here is a list of some of the materials I used for the layout:

  • October afternoon sprinkler - screen door
  • Heidi Swapp colorshine - Gold 
  • Silhouette - I designed the cut files
  • MME enamel dots
  • DCWV Black card stock from the Neutrals pack
  • Stamps from Teressa Collins Freestyle and  I don't know the origin of the star stamp ( it could be a recollections stamp from a happy birthday stamp set) - I embossed the clocks to give them a little shine
  • Phrases - 'The passage of time' and 'Time flies' are handouts from the classroom
  • Patterned paper - Today from Studio Calico
Still totally enjoying the class but I am finding it harder to keep up with my goal of finishing two layouts for every week before the next week starts. 

Have a great day.
~Neela


No comments :