Monday, June 3, 2013

Elle's Studio - Sketch Thursday

I love the Serendipity collection from Elle's Studio. It is fun and colorful. I created this layout with a photo of myself taken when I was about three years old using the Serendipity collection and the May kit from Elle's studio. Here is my layout:

 

I had fun doing some water coloring on the photo mat and the wood veneer in the title. I also did some water coloring in the inside of the butterfly. I used inktense water color pencils to do it. It was so much fun using them. I will be using more of them for sure.

I really loved the sketch from Elle's studio again. Here is the sketch:
 
I inverted the sketch for my layout. I did it because in the photo I am looking up and if I put the photo on top, it would be like the gaze is going out of the layout. Anyway, it made most sense to put the photo at the bottom.
 
Here some closeups of the water coloring:


 

I am also submitting this layout to Studio Calico challenge to use water color on the layout.

No comments :