Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mid week Mojo with Scrapbook Steals - Peridot 3

I really plan on keeping up with the mid week mojos at scrapbook steals this series. I missed Peridot 1 but will catch up one of these days :)

Recently I started subscribing to the kits from Studio Calico. I am on the second kit and the papers and other embellishments are so trendy and amazing. I am loving them. Look at what the May kit looks like. Gorgeous isn't it? Make sure to check out their website... they have tons and tons of insiration.

 
I used this kit to create my layout for Peridot 3. This time we have talented Marisa Torp as the guest sketcher. I loved the sketch. It was simple and yet one can do so much with it.
This was my first experience with wood veneer. The kit contained studio calico wood veneer letters. They are super fun to use. I found that using the Xyron sticker maker to adhere them was least messy way.
Here is my layout:

 
 
These photos were taken when we were vacationing at Cancun. It was such and fun the resort we stayed at was called Dreams and hence the title. All activities were available at the resort itself. We didn't have to step out for anything if we didn't want to. But since this was our first time we went to Chichen Itza and Xcaret. Doing all these activities being 7 months pregnant with Surya was a challenge but was still a delightful experience. I would go back to this resort in a heartbeat. I am so glad that we got some professional photographs taken here.
 

Here is the sketch from Marisa Torp:



 

No comments :