Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Color Me Scrappy 9 and Sketches in Thyme 86

Two for one challenge. I like it . This time color me scrappy combined their challenge with Sketches in Thyme. Do check out all the work done by their design teams.
For this layout, the challenge was to use the colors from color me scrappy and the sketch from sketches in thyme. It was a fun challenge. I now know of a new sketch challenge website. I hope to find time to play along those challenges too.
For this layout I chose photos that were taken in 2006. Arjun was about a year and a half old then. These are photos of his first trip to the zoo. He was sooo tiny then. I felt quite nostalgic making this layout. I have been wanting to make a layout of this trip forever but could never figure out how... do I make a book for photos taken on just one day, do I collect pictures from all our trips to the zoo over time and then make a book and so on... I am happy that I got it done finally.

Here is the layout that I made:

Products used:
  • Patterned paper and most of the embellishments: Alphabet soup
  • Chipboard Pinwheels: Cosmo Cricket
  • Twine: Kraft fun day
Here is the color combination from color me scrappy:



Here is the sketch from Sketches in Thyme:

5 comments :

Viji Siddharth said...

Great job with the colors! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

Kim said...

Super cute page! Thanks for playing along with us @ Sketches In Thyme :)
~DT Kim

Eli said...

Great idea to use the sketch for a double page!
Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

Joni Parker said...

Oh...I love that you stretched this to a 2pager!!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful 2 pgr, love all the photos and great job!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Childs Play!!!!